What's Your Skin Type? Saint Jane Solutions for Every Complexion
At SAINT JANE, when our teams go to work on developing a new skincare product, your complexions and the individual nuances of your skin are at the forefront of our minds. How we can craft formulas that benefit a myriad of skin concerns, products that multi-task and bring balance, and most importantly beautifully support the multitude of skin types of our clients.
Our skin types are as different as our personalities, and knowing your skin type is crucial in finding the right rituals to support your skin. While skin types can be complex, your skin will likely fall into one or more of these categories: Dry, Oily, Combination, Normal or Sensitive.
No matter your skin type, there are SAINT JANE powerhouse products that beautifully and efficaciously address skin concerns. Here are our recommendations according to your skin type:
Having dry skin can be both uncomfortable and frustrating, as hydration plays such a key role in the overall function of our skin on the surface and the cellular level. Hydrating ingredients are always present in our formulas because they are a consistent need across every skin type, but especially for dry skin. If your skin is in desperate need of moisture and hydration, you need:
- HYDRATING PETAL CREAM, our light-weight but deeply hydrating daily moisturizer. This petal packed cream can be applied both morning and night after cleansing. We infuse this daily hydrator with powerful luxury active florals like Hibiscus, Pink Lotus and Honeysuckle for petal soft skin and potent hydrating benefits.
- LUXURY BEAUTY SERUM, our best-selling powerhouse serum with ultra hydrating and nourishing ingredients like Omega-3 fatty acids, Sunflower, Rosehip and Sea Buckthorn. This beautiful blend of luxury active florals, not only calm, nourish and hydrate the skin, but also locks in moisture. The ideal final step in your dry skin routine.
The biggest myth of having oily skin is that you have to deprive your skin of moisturizing products. Oily skin is caused by the overproduction of sebum, and is off-balance. The solution is to work towards balancing your skin and incorporating ingredient-driven products into your routine. Two of the best balancing ingredients for oily skin types are Hyaluronic Acid and Retinol. We have two beautiful products that happen to have these balancing ingredients:
- HYDRATING PETAL CREAM boasts Hyaluronic Acid as a hero ingredient in the formula, and because this daily cream is so light-weight and absorbs quickly, it's the perfect hydrator for oily skin as well.
- SACRED SLEEP OVERNIGHT REPAIR is our 0.5% Retinol solution formulated as an overnight treatment. Retinol is a powerful ingredient as it can aid in building up collagen and firming the skin. As a result, you can experience tighter pores that emit less oil for a more balanced complexion.
We have a special place in our hearts for those with sensitive skin. So much so, that every formula we create is infused with calming ingredients that soothe the skin and counteract any active ingredients traditionally known to irritate sensitivities. If you have sensitive skin, then you know it can be difficult to find products that are gentle enough to be effective, but also that don’t cause flare ups, redness or inflammation. We especially love recommending these products to our clients with sensitive skin:
- THE C-DROPS, our gentle yet effective 10% Vitamin C serum, is the perfect solution for those with sensitive skin. Vitamin C is a highly active ingredient, and traditionally can be problematic for sensitive skin types. When we formulated The C-Drops, we included powerfully calming ingredients to counteract any harshness that Vitamin C delivers. These Vitamin C brightening drops are gentle but still very effective.
- LUXURY BEAUTY SERUM has been a cult-favorite among our sensitive skin clients. This golden elixir is centered around visibly calming and soothing the skin from concerns like redness, irritation and inflammation. Among the many ingredients in the efficacious blend are Sunflower, Helichrysum and Marula that are naturally calming for the skin.
This skin type can be tricky, as your skin can experience many concerns at once. Dry and oily areas in the same complexion need balance. Incorporating products that hydrate dry areas and exfoliate/resurface oily areas are important in your routine. Combination skin will greatly benefit from the same products recommended for both DRY and OILY skin types:
If your skin falls in the “normal” category, then lucky you! Your skin is balanced and can handle both hydrators and active treatments (all of the above!).
Not sure of your skin type and which SAINT JANE products are right for you? Take our SKINCARE QUIZ and receive custom recommendations from our team.Continue reading