Thank you for accessing www.saintjanebeauty.com (the “Site”).
The Site is owned and operated by Jane Street, LLC (“we” or “Saint Jane Beauty”). Our headquarters are located at PO Box 566, Manhattan Beach, CA 90267 USA.
Health Information/FDA Disclosure
Any statements on this Site or any materials or products we distribute or sell have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (“FDA”). Neither the products nor the ingredients in any of the products available on the Site have been approved or endorsed by the FDA or any regulatory agency. The products sold on the Site are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. The information on this Site or other materials we may provide to you are designed for educational purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for informed medical advice or care. Any information provided on this Site should not be used to diagnose or treat any health problems or illnesses without consulting a doctor. You should consult your physician before using any of our products.
Always seek the advice of your health provider before taking any medication or nutritional, herbal, and homeopathic supplement and with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not ignore professional medical advice or postpone seeking it because of something you have read on the Site.
If you think you have a medical emergency, call your health provider or 911 immediately. Information provided on the Site any Product purchased from our Site by you DOES NOT create a doctor-patient relationship between you and any of the health professionals related to our Site.
Products are not for use by or sale to persons under the age of 18.
Products should be used only as directed on the label, and should not be used if you are pregnant or nursing. Consult with a physician before use if you have a serious medical condition or use prescription medications.
USE OF THE SITE
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes and you may not use it in a way that infringes the rights of anyone else or that restricts or inhibits anyone else's enjoyment of the Site. You may not
- misuse or tamper with the Site (e.g. hack, introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other technologically harmful material or carry out denial of service attacks etc.)
- use the Site in any way that breaches any applicable local, national, or international law or regulation;
- use the Site in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- use the Site for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use, or re-use any material which does not comply with our user generate content guidelines;
- use any robot, spider, crawlers or other automatic device, process, software or queries that intercepts, “mines,” scrapes or otherwise accesses the Site to monitor, extract, copy or collect information or data from or through the Site, or engage in any manual process to do the same; or
- use the Site to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
The Site is meant for adults. By using this Site, you are representing that you have reached the age of majority in the state or country in which you reside.
AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE AND ACCESSING THE SITE
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site.
Although we aim to offer you the best service possible, the Site, or any content on it, may not always be available or remain uninterrupted. Please note that we may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Site for business and operational reasons without notice (e.g. for repairs, maintenance and/or updates). We will attempt to restore the service as soon as it reasonably can. Except where required by applicable law, we will not be liable to you if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
We use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Site is free from viruses and other malicious or harmful content. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of the Site (including any content on it or any Site accessible from it) will not cause damage to your computer or other device. You should use your own virus protection software. Except where required by applicable law, we are not liable to any person for any loss or damage they suffer as a result of viruses or other malicious or harmful content that they access from or via the Site.
CREATING AND SAFEGUARDING YOUR ACCOUNT
To use certain parts of the Site, you may need to create an account (“Account”). You agree to provide us with accurate, complete and updated information for your Account. You can access, edit and update your Account by logging in at https://www.elfcosmetics.com/login. You are solely responsible for any activity on your Account and for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password. We are not liable for any acts or omissions by you in connection with your Account. You must immediately notify us using the information in the “Contact Us” section if you know or have any reason to suspect that your Account or password have been stolen, misappropriated or otherwise compromised, or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Account.
USER GENERATED CONTENT
You agree that we may use your comments, reviews, feedback, suggestions, or questions, and any other submissions disclosed, submitted or offered by you on or through the Site (collectively, “Submissions”) without compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services and creating, modifying or improving the Site or other products or services. When you make a Submission (other than your personal data which is subject to our Privacy Notice), you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferrable license to use reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works, and display the Submission in connection with our business, including in order to promote our sites or our business. You also grant us the right to sub-license your content to third parties on the same terms granted by you to us.
By posting or submitting Submissions through the Site, you represent and warrant that you have, or have obtained, all rights, licenses, consents, permissions, power and/or authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein for your Submissions. You agree that your Submissions will not contain material subject to copyright or other proprietary rights, unless you have the necessary permission or are otherwise legally entitled to post the material and to grant us the license described in the preceding paragraph.
Submissions should not include:
- abusive, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate language;
- profanity, blasphemy, spiteful, racist, sexually explicit, sexually gratuitous, or discriminatory comments or content that might be considered to be harassment, abuse or threats against the personal safety or property of others;
- comments about other reviewers or bloggers;
- remarks that repeat criminal accusations, false, defamatory, or misleading statements;
- material which impersonates others or personal information about anyone, including yourself, such as phone numbers, postal addresses, or credit card numbers;
- spam or advertising; or
- HTML code, computer script or Site URLs.
We, in our absolute discretion, reserves the right to not publish any Submission or remove it, take any appropriate action if deemed necessary or remove reviews which do not comply with the rules above.
Please note that the views expressed in Submissions are the opinions of those users and do not represent the views, opinions, beliefs, or values of Saint Jane Beauty or any of its group companies.
By using the Site, you agree that we may send you operational messages. You consent to receiving operational electronic communications and notices from us. You agree that any notice, agreement, disclosure, or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Site, and in the material published on it (the “Material”). The Material is protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
We do not grant any implied right to you or any other person and do not transfer or assign any ownership or intellectual property interest or title in or to the Site (including the Material) (or any part thereof) to you or anyone else. Accordingly, your unauthorized use of the Site (including any Material) may violate intellectual property or other proprietary rights laws as well as other laws, regulations, and statutes and may result in criminal or civil penalties.
You may not alter, delete, or conceal any copyright or other notices contained on the Site or Material, including notices on any audio/visual material you access, download, transmit, display, print or reproduce from the Site.
You may not, nor will you allow any third party (whether or not for your benefit), to reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, display, perform, publish, distribute, disseminate, broadcast, or circulate to any third party (including, without limitation, on or via a third-party Site), or otherwise use, any Material without our express prior written consent.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT
We respect the intellectual property rights of others and require that the people who use the Site and products do the same. We may terminate the privileges of users who are repeat infringers of intellectual property rights. If you are a copyright owner and believe that any content posted on the Site infringes upon your copyrights, please provide our designated copyright agent the following written information in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”):
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and information reasonably sufficient to permit location of the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please send to our Legal Department:
Saint Jane Beauty
ATTN: Legal Department
PO Box 90267
Manhattan Beach, CA 90267
The Site and the Material is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our sites.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the Site or the Material is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. Please note that while we have tried to accurately display the colors of our products, the actual colors you see will depend on your monitor and may not be accurate.
Without limiting the foregoing, the Site and its content are provided “as is” and “as available” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from us or through the Site, will create any warranty or representation not expressly made herein.
Making a Purchase
To purchase a product on the Site, you must be 18 years of age or older, be lawfully able to enter into and create an enforceable contract in jurisdiction in which you are using the Site, and have a shipping address within the United States. It is your responsibility to know whether you are legally able to purchase our products.
When making a purchase on the Site, you are required to provide information about yourself that is true, accurate, current and complete, including your name, mailing address, e-mail address, and additional information as indicated. Additionally, you must provide payment details that you admit are both legitimate and accurate and confirm that you are the person indicated in the “Billing” information provided.
All orders are subject to availability and any products in “Your Cart” are not reserved until your order processes. Once your order has processed, we are unable to make any changes or cancel it.
All purchases must be for personal use only. Re-selling or using our products for commercial purposes/benefit is strictly prohibited. We reserve the right to cancel or change orders of multiple quantities of a product from being shipped to any one customer or postal address.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Applicable law in some locations, such as the State of New Jersey, does not allow the limitation of liability of certain damages set forth above, so this limitation of liability may not apply to you.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES; LINKS TO THIS SITE
The Site may include links to third-party Sites. These links are provided for your information only. We do not control and are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of any linked site, and the inclusion of any link on the Site does not imply our endorsement or approval of it. We are not responsible for the content, the materials, the accuracy of the information, and/or the quality of the products or services provided by, available through, or advertised on these third-party Sites.
You may link to this Site, as long as you do so in a way that is non-commercial, is fair and legal, and doesn’t damage or take advantage of our reputation. You may not link in a way that suggests any form of approval or endorsement by us where none exists. The Site may not be framed on any other site without our permission.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT
As used in this section, “Arbitration Provisions” refers to the provisions under this section entitled “Binding Arbitration Agreement.”
PLEASE READ THIS SECTION CAREFULLY – IT MAY SIGNIFICANTLY AFFECT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS, INCLUDING YOUR RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN COURT AND TO HAVE A JURY HEAR YOUR CLAIMS. IT CONTAINS PROCEDURES FOR MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION AND A CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
- Informal Dispute Resolution.Either party asserting a dispute shall first try in good faith to resolve it by providing written notice as specified below to the other party describing the facts and circumstances (including any relevant documentation) and allowing the receiving party 30 days in which to respond. Both you and Saint Jane Beauty agree that this dispute resolution procedure is a condition precedent which must be satisfied before initiating any arbitration against the other party.
- WAIVER OF RIGHT TO BRING CLASS ACTION AND REPRESENTATIVE CLAIMS.All arbitrations shall proceed on an individual basis. The arbitrator is empowered to resolve the dispute with the same remedies available in court, however, any relief must be individualized to you and shall not affect any other customer. You and Saint Jane Beauty also agree that each may bring claims against the other in arbitration only in your or their respective individual capacities and in so doing you and Saint Jane Beauty hereby waive the right to a trial by jury, to assert or participate in any class action lawsuit or class action arbitration, any private attorney general lawsuit or private attorney general arbitration, and any joint or consolidated lawsuit or joint or consolidated arbitration of any kind. If a court decides that the limitations of this paragraph are deemed invalid or unenforceable, any putative class, private attorney general, or representative action must be brought in a court of proper jurisdiction and not in arbitration.
Saint Jane Beauty
PO Box 566
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
- Governing Law and Other Terms.These Arbitration Provisions are governed by, and interpreted, construed, and enforced in accordance with, the Federal Arbitration Act and other applicable federal law. To the extent state law applies to any aspect of these Arbitration Provisions, or to any disputes and claims that are covered by these Arbitration Provisions, the law of the state of California will apply. We will provide notice of any material changes to these Arbitration Provisions, in which case you will have the right to opt out of these Arbitration Provisions within 90 days after such change. Except as set forth above regarding the class action waiver provision, if any portion of these Arbitration Provisions is deemed invalid or unenforceable, it will not invalidate the remaining portions of these Arbitration Provisions. Only the arbitrator is authorized to make determinations as to the scope, validity, or enforceability of these Arbitration Provisions, including whether any dispute falls within its scope. However, the parties agree that any issue concerning the validity of the class action/representative waiver above must be decided by a court, and an arbitrator does not have authority to consider the validity of the waiver.
- Intellectual Property Disputes.If you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate any of Saint Jane Beauty’s intellectual property rights, we may bring suit in any state or federal court in the State of California. You consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in these courts.
If you are a California resident, in accordance with Cal. Civ. Code § 1789.3, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N 112 Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
Headings are for reference purposes only and in no way define, limit, construe or describe the scope of such section.